Wednesday 21 July 2010

Ballasting

Well, I had to do it sooner or later.

When you have a layout that needs setting up outside and collapsing each time you use it, and when it stands there in the sun for hours on end, all the ballast dries up and eventually becomes loose as you move the boards about. I have experienced this, and now have filled in all the large gaps with some new ballast. The glue is setting on this and as it's a lovely day, may be dry by the time I collapse it tonight.

One disaster has occured, I have found that on the point leading to the "goods yard" sidings from the main track, one of the point blades has come off from the sliding bar. I will have to glue that back on with super glue asap, or no working goods trains at the exhibition I fear....

I think I need to give some of the fencing another brush over with the white paint, but otherwise, the layout is done I think. All I need to do now is test it all electrically...

http://stepneydownstation.webs.com
http://stepneydownlayout.webs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment